Unity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for Hotkeys!

4 posters

Go down

Tips for Hotkeys! Empty Tips for Hotkeys!

Post  Acid Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:19 am

It's come to my attention that most of you aren't using hotkeys. "Clickers" we call them. I'm not dragging anyone down or anything just giving you a HUGE tip. For me I move my camera and strafe by holding the right click down and moving that way. That strategy along with hotkeys makes it super easy for me to do any of my abilities without delay. I used to be a clicker myself, when I was pre 50. I watched a tanking video for the fun and saw his use of hot keys. Hot keys should be really required for healers / tanks, but it's just going to make your reaction time that much better. I can go through my rotation faster and as a healer, all I have to do is click names and let my left hand cast the abilities, rather than clicking a name, clicking the ability and repeating. Starting off with hot keys is going to be awkward at first, it was for me, but I fell in love with it and it made me an all around better player. I use hotkeys such as Shift+1 2 3 4 5 Q R F S Z T C . I also use Ctrl + 1 2 3. You don't want your fingers to make super awkward movements and have to move you away from your rest position at WASD. I'd recommend everyone give it a try and even if it feels weird just practice with it. I have a hotkey for every ability and it becomes super easy.

Acid

Back to top Go down

Tips for Hotkeys! Empty Re: Tips for Hotkeys!

Post  SilentLeader Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 pm

^EVERYONE listen to this man^

You can do so much actions per minute by using hotkeys with your fingers than to drag your mouse to each box and click the skill every 1.5 seconds.

SilentLeader

Back to top Go down

Post  Korsorro Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Why in the fuck do you need hotkeys as a healer? I have literally 5 heals. Don't be telling me how to heal nikkah.

Korsorro

Back to top Go down

Post  Acid Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:15 am

It's only going to make you an overall better MMO player. It's just as worse as back peddling and not making use of the camera angles.

Acid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyrlok Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:04 am

Tips for Hotkeys! Recrui10

Wyrlok

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyrlok Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:41 am

Tips for Hotkeys! Swtor_15

Wyrlok

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum